- Enrique Granados: Spanish Dance No. 2, “Oriental”
- Isaac Albéniz: Sevilla
- Chenyu Huang/Wang Zhou: Western China Fantasy
- Manuel de Falla: Dances from “El amor brujo"
- Yuguo Zhou: Nostalgia
- Francisco Tárrega: Recuerdos de la Alhambra
- Sérgio Assad: Farewell; Tahhiyya li ossoulina
Here is a rare pairing of the acoustic Spanish guitar with China’s guzheng, a zither-like instrument with a 2,500-year history. Jing Xia, trained at the China Conservatory of Music in Beijing, is an instructor at the University of Arizona Confucius Institute. Chinese-born guitarist Bin Hu holds a master’s degree from the Salzburg Conservatory, and won the 2016 David Russell Bach Prize.
Sign up for Emails
The best way to stay connected to Arizona Friends of Chamber Music. Sign up for periodic updates and upcoming concert notifications.